I know I essentially ended my last blog post with "coming next week/month, part 2 of my top 10 hip-hop albums of all-time" but I'm going to interrupt the flow with a brief list of my favorite albums of 2015. I promise that second part is coming. I have a draft for it sitting unpublished. Next time I'm on a plane, I'll probably finish it. Anyway, here's a list of albums you can use to judge me silently. Or not so, as the case may be.
Favorite Albums of 2015 (fuzzy ordering):
- To Pimp A Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar
- GO:OD AM by Mac Miller
- If You're Reading This Now, It's Too Late by Drake
- Summertime '06 by Vince Staples
- 90059 by Jay Rock
- Couch Potato by Bobby Raps & Corbin
- Compton by Dr. Dre
- But You Caint Use My Phone by Erykah Badu
- B4.DA.$$ by Joey Bada$$
- Fetty Wap by Fetty Wap
Most of these were released in 2014 or earlier, but I listened to them a lot in 2015.
- PRhyme by PRhyme
- The Grind Date by De La Soul
- The Pinkprint by Nicki Minaj
- 2014 Forest Hills Drive by J. Cole
- Cadillactica by Big K.R.I.T.
- Oxymoron by ScHoolboy Q