Twin Cities born & raised, I live in Minneapolis, MN. I'm currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technical Writing & Communication, and IT Infrastructure at the University of Minnesota. I work remotely as a Junior Engineer for Boston-based startup Iora Health (but the views expressed on this site are my own).
Here are a few things about me:
- I've been writing code since 2006.
- I love to architect and build things, and am learning to love automated testing.
- I'm the type of person you can throw into a project without documentation.
- I'm mostly language agnostic. I love certain languages for certain tasks, but I'm happy writing in most languages (except Java and VB :p), provided they have some good tooling.
- If one can put Linux on it, I've put Linux on it, and may have even helped put Linux on it, or improved the state of Linux on it.
- I'm attracted to anything having to do with cryptography. I love me a nicely designed Feistel network block cipher.
- My favorite thing to do, besides programming, is watch comedy (stand-up, sketch, or sitcom).
- I'm an avid podcast listener and former podcaster (RIP Homebrewcast 2008-2011). I'm a regular listener of The Champs, WTF with Marc Maron, Your Mom's House, and That's Deep Bro.
- My favorite beer is a toss-up between the Surly Hell and whatever delicious seasonal special Bauhaus Brew Labs has brewing (particularly the Tallander). I rep Twin Cities beer for life!